DSP enables developers to easily move portions of their
applications to different parts of their system to maximize
overall performance and reduce time-to-market.
Features: ORBexpress DSP
* High-performance, small footprint.
* Enables easy integration and interoperability of DSPs
with GPPs and FPGAs in a single system.
* Provides simple and fluid distribution of logic and
data throughout your system.
* Easy to upgrade legacy code to take advantage of increased
* High-performance, standards-based protocols make it
easy to implement communications in your system.
* Every license of ORBexpress DSP includes the ORBexpress
Naming Service, the ORBexpress Event Service and the
Light Weight Logging Service at no additional cost.
Benefits: ORBexpress DSP
* ORBexpress gives developers the tools
for simple and fluid distribution of logic throughout
the system. It also provides for the easy transfer of
logic to any target processor type (GPP or DSP). This
allows tasks to be assigned to the processor that can
most efficiently execute the task logic.
* ORBexpress provides a set of transport protocols that
interconnect all of the different processor types in
a high-performance, flexible and reconfigurable way.
This provides uniform communication mechanisms for each
type of developer (DSP or GPP).
* ORBexpress allows a development team to leverage the
benefits of location transparency to optimize the complete
system. OIS provides a complete software suite: ORBexpress
RT targeting GPPs and ORBexpress DSP targeting TI C64xx
* ORBexpress provides the high-performance framework
that separates the application code from the transport
allowing a choice of transport methods without disturbing
Advantages for DSP and the GPP Developers
* Allows you to re-assign non-essential
tasks from the DSP to the GPP leaving only the performance-critical
functionality on the DSP.
* Makes no difference which protocol is used to provide
the data to the DSP because the format is independent
of the protocol.
* Does not matter which protocol is used to send the
data from the DSP because the format is independent
of the protocol.
* Multiple different protocols provided "out-of-the-box".
* Easy to write additional transport protocols. Write
once, use often.
* Makes optimizing the DSP code with the rest of the
Advantages for the System Architect
* Decisions about deployment of application
logic to the different processing units can be delayed
until late in the development cycle.
* Standards-based software means access to a large community
of trained developers ready to be productive on day
* Design systems that survive component changes.
* Tools to optimize the complete system, not just individual
you want to
Get a quote
Get a suggestion for appropriate product for your requirement
Send a mail to Sales